Sunday, July 18, 2010

内蒙古: Playing

Wednesday, 2:50 PM, on the bus

I learned how to solve a Rubik’s cube!! I’ve wanted to learn since I was little, but I never got around to it. I’m having issues with the final side of the cube, but I’ll get there!

I’m a hot, sandy mess. We’re on our way to Huhhot right now from the desert playground thing.


Eh, I won’t lie, it was fun, but I was more disappointed than thrilled. They didn’t have parachutes or “outer space balls,” they charged ¥50 for THREE MINUTES on the ATVs, and their other “attractions” were lackluster at best.

I did enjoy sliding down the sand dune, though. Pictures on Facebook courtesy of Natalee Pei. It reminded me of tubing. Wish I could do both of those things again. Sand is like snow in a lot of ways, I discovered. I part-skied down one of the hills in my Sandy Socks. See Sandy Socks below. 

It also gets everywhere when the wind has picked it up. Only difference is that sand keeps you dirty and grimy, whereas snow melts and leaves you damp and freezing. Keeping with the trend of this trip, it was the scenery that was the one of the best parts of the day.

I finally charged my iPod, so I think I’ll listen to some Wicked/Gaga now… and keep working on this cube! A few obsessive hours later, I had it down. I finally solved my first cube without any assistance from the girls who were teaching me.


Wednesday, 10:30 PM, in bed

Dinner. So. Good. Local school kids helped us find a good restaurant. They were so excited we spoke Chinese.

So. Tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment